Friday, June 14, 2024

Father's Day

 

Clarence Warren Carter and his Girls
Where do I start?


It's days like these that I really miss my daddy. 

I miss that he was always there.

I miss that he held us all to a high standard of moral conduct of right and wrong. 

I miss the scent of his pipe.

I miss that after a long day, he would let us remove his socks and shoes for a dime.

I miss seeing him watch the Dean Martin Show, which now seems interesting to me.

I miss the way he would tease Mama and chase her around the kitchen table.  She’d giggle and then let him catch her.  And then, we'd all giggle.

I miss the work ethic he always presented every day.

I miss the way he made others feel special.

Today, I think I miss most of all, was that incredible, mischievous glint in his eye and the smile that lit up my world and everyone else who had the privilege to catch a glimpse.

Miss you, Daddy!


1 comment:

  1. Your blog is really impressive! The insights and information you provide are incredibly valuable. We are the No. 1 real estate investor in Georgia, and we truly appreciate the quality content you share. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Is that Fall in the Air?

Here are two things you don't hear me say often.   I walked this morning.  Don't get excited.  It lasted about 14 minutes.  That'...